Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Appendix B The Timing of This Article

Appendix B
The Timing of This Article

A little background information may be instructive as you consider the message of this article. I do not consider myself to be a prophet but I do experience prophetic sensitivity from time to time. In the Spring of 2009, I was 2000 miles from my home at a family reunion and I had discussions with over a dozen family members and others about their plans and near future hopes. As I prayed about this flood of information that was shared with me and I was being asked to make inputs, I was waked up at 3:00 am one night with what I took to be a word from God. The message I got was that as people make plans they should be sensitive to what God has for thousands of years said would unfold prophetically. Ezekiel 38 – 39 came to mind immediately. In that context, I have thought about and taught about this Biblical passage from time to time but I had never written anything about it. I had not done anything with the subject for months. So the first targets of this article seem to be for me and my own family and friends. The message is “as you plan your life be sure to note the larger contexts out of which you will live your life.” That would and should apply to everyone.

I don’t know if Ezekiel 38 – 39 will occur next year, ten years from now or when. I personally believe it will happen in short years and not decades. Whether it happens as soon as any authoritative person believes or not, wouldn’t it be wise to live the injunctions of section VII. What Believers Should Do In Anticipation Of The War of Ezekiel 38-39 If It Is Assumed to Occur in Our Generation (p.10)?

Every question is relevant but wouldn’t it be wise to give particular consideration to items 1,3,4,8,9,10 and 11 of section VII? In my judgment, life should be lived with those dimensions in full view whether any part of this prophecy occurs as I am interpreting it. Please read all of this with prayer and spiritual sensitivity. May God bless us all.